|Get Pike & Shot during its launch week and save $10! Price will increase after October 23th!Note: physical boxed versions of the game will not be shipped before October 30th. But customers that select the boxed edition will be able to get a digital copy of the game immediately.In the age of Pike and Shot, mighty struggles erupted across Europe for causes religious, political or dynastic. In 1494 A.D. The first of the Italian Wars broke out, starting a long struggle for dominance in the region, involving many major belligerents such as France, the Holy Roman Empire and Spain. After years of fighting, the conflict was not resolved until 1559.Then from 1618 until 1648, The Thirty Years War raged across Germany and beyond, leaving devastation in its wake, but saw the rise of great commanders such as Count Tilly, Wallenstein and King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden, and rapid developments in battlefield tactics. The Thirty Years War saw the involvement of great empires such as the Spanish and the French empires, as well as the Swedes.And starting at 1642, the English Civil War erupted, tearing the country apart between Royalists and Parliamentarians as the fought for control of the country. After many musket volleys and cavalry charges, it was the famous Olivier Cromwell who led the Parliamentarians to victory, ending the conflict in 1651.All these wars were fought during the age of Pike and Shot, a time where musketeers “gave fire” in a duel to the death, pikemen held stolidly against enemy assaults, and cavalry charged to glory or defeat. Now you can march into the footsteps of the great leaders of these wars, as you can take command in the greatest historical battles of the Italian Wars, the Thirty Years War and the English Civil War. Fight stand-alone “what-if” scenarios, or design your own scenarios using the easy to use editor and claim glory in Pike & Shot!
Pike and Shot is developed by Byzantine Games and The Lordz Games Studio.
- Accurate simulation of battle in the 16th and 17th century Age of Pike and Shot.
- Unique graphic style based on 17th century styles and battle paintings.
- 10 full-sized historical battles in each campaign- The Thirty Years War, English Civil War and 16th century Italian Wars.
- Classic Turn-based, tile based gameplay.
- Easy to use interface, hard to master gameplay.
- Battalion-sized units.
- Single player and multiplayer modes.
- Stand-alone battle system allows unlimited “what-if” scenarios using historically realistic armies from carefully researched army lists, on realistic computer generated terrain maps.
- Stand-alone scenarios are randomly generated and include open battle, attack on a defensive position, defence of a defensive position, awaiting reinforcements, enemy awaiting reinforcements, flank march.
- In stand-alone games players can pick their armies from the army list or allow the computer to pick the army for them.
- Effective AI makes sound tactical decisions. Historical battle AI customised to the historical tactical situation.
- 5 difficulty levels allow the challenge to increase as you develop your battlefield skills.
- 20 troop-types, 25 “capabilities” and numerous different unit organisations allow full representation of tactical differences and developments throughout the period.
- Detailed model that accurately represents any substantial 16th or 17th century battle world-wide as scenarios are developed.
- Mod friendly game system with built-in map editor.
- Multiplayer mode allows historical scenarios and “what-if” scenarios to be played by two players using Slitherine’s easy to use PBEM server.